Some Possible Strategies to Convince Your Loved One to Attend
- Do not give your loved one a choice. Explain that this is something that must be done.
- Choose a day that has an activity or menu that your loved one will particularly enjoy.
- Don’t make the first day too long. It’s best if they are picked up before others have left.
- “Let’s go there for lunch”. Or come for lunch without telling your loved one in advance.
- Job: They work at the Center.
- They volunteer there to help others.
- The staff needs their help.
- Try it for 30 Days / 2 Weeks / 3 Days / 1 Day / Lunch.
- Doctor said you have to attend (The physician can even write a prescription).
- “Attend the Center or you will have to go to the Nursing Home”
- “You must for my sake, I need to know you are safe / not alone.”
- “Make new friends.”
- “Stimulate your brain.”
- No beds there, everyone must go home every afternoon.
- Refer to the program as: The Club: The Center; The Office.
- Come with them the first day.